Bio of the Week
Carolina (Lina) Vilhelmina Sandell; (October 3, 1832 to July 27, 1903), was a prolific was a poet, theologian, author and hymn writer.
Like many Christians, she learned that when pain and tragedy strike, God may use that experience to deepen our faith. When she was 26, Carolina -- or Lina as she liked to be called -- experienced a tragedy which profoundly affected the course of her life. She was with her father, a Lutheran pastor, crossing a Swedish lake. Suddenly the ship lurched, and before her eyes, her father was thrown overboard and drowned.
Lina had written hymns before, but now she poured out her broken heart in an endless stream of beautiful songs, to the point she earned the title 'the Authors:Fanny Crosby of Sweden.'
Two of Lina Sandell's better known hymns include:
Interested? Intrigued? Aggravated? Opinionated?
Read more or discuss this author/composer on the page Karolina Wilhelmina Sandell-Berg.
Join the Fun
Sign up, it's Free
Hymnopedia is free for you to use, learn and contribute.
Use your Facebook account to <fb:login-button></fb:login-button> & get recognized for your contributions & receive your own bio and talk page (this approach also cuts down on pesky spammers). Oh, and don't forget to join our Facebook Group Page!
Ask a Question
We know we're not perfect, so if you have a general question or comments about we mange the Hymns, an Authors, Composers here on Hymnopedia, feel free to join the general topics discussion on the [[Talk:HymnoPedia_talk:Tabernacle | Tabernacle]] page.
How to Help
Here are just a few of the ways you can help out:
- Find and fix a short or poor quality hymn article that Category:Requires_Editing ;
- Contribute to hymn that is missing a summary or a MIDI file;
- Update a author or composer biography that's in need an image; or
- Pick a topic from our wanted pages list and/or create a new article.
- Can't find a favorite hymn? Go ahead and add it. We won't complain.
We'll also be updating our help pages in case you get stuck.
8 Great Hymns of the Week
Below are hymn pages that for the week of 27Feb11 had the:
- highest number page views; and the
- longest time spent on the page; and the
- lowest number of site exists from the page:
- fix the footer & associated links
- integrate analytics with "top" lists for home page
- integrate Heal Your Church Web Site's Anti-spam E-Mail Obufscator
- figure out what's with all the "Internal Server Errors" the system is throwing (perhaps $wgMainCacheType issues?)
- find someone to help with better logo & brand graphics
- ulike / link functionality
- add a few more common hymns