Hymns:Day is dying in the west
From Hymnopedia.com - a semi-definitive Wiki of Christian hymns, MIDI files, composers and authors.
|Day is dying in the west|
|Title||Day is dying in the west|
|Author||Mary A. Lathbury|
|Composer||William F. Sherwin|
|Orig. Key||G Major|
|Meter||77.774 with Refrain|
|1st Line||Day is dying in the west|
|Problems listening to this file? See media help.|
Day is dying in the west
- Day is dying in the west;
heaven is touching earth with rest;
wait and worship while the night
sets the evening lamps alight
through all the sky.
Holy, holy, holy, Lord God of Hosts!
Heaven and earth are full of thee!
Heaven and earth are praising thee,
O Lord most high!
- Lord of life, beneath the dome
of the universe, thy home,
gather us who seek thy face
to the fold of thy embrace,
for thou art nigh.
- While the deepening shadows fall,
heart of love enfolding all,
through the glory and the grace
of the stars that veil thy face,
our hearts ascend.
- When forever from our sight
pass the stars, the day, the night,
Lord of angels, on our eyes
let eternal morning rise
and shadows end.
- Hymnals:Hymns of Faith #540
- Hymnals:Revival Hymns and Choruses #76
- Hymnals:Sing Joyfully #585
- Hymnals:Trinity Hymnal #408
- Hymnals:The United Methodist Hymnal #687